Friday, July 4, 2008

Care for some questions?

A student of mine asked me about the Visayan word for toothpaste and I thought of an  answer. Hmmm. He said he'd treat me with burger and fries if I get the correct answer. But I don't think there is a Visayan word for that simply because it is not found on our native language, these are borrowed words much like other words like the term snow. Well, there is a tagalog word for it, niyebe but still that word is borrowed from the Spaniards. Something to think about: If a word does not exist in a vocabulary it will simply not exist at all?

And so I thought of finding the answer from the web but instead found a hundred questions which left me a lot more questions. Here's a little something from the net...hope you like it..it made me laugh actually...i dug these stuff on www.edcollins.com.

1. Why is the word "abbreviation" so long?2. Is there another word for synonym?
3.
If corn oil comes from corn, where does baby oil come from?
4.
Why are there five syllables in the word "monosyllabic"?
5.
Do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?

And the list goes on and on....stay tuned for more of these questions. :)

2 comments:

_kristine_ said...

_haizt sir..tnx sah information..
cute kai kah sah imu picture sir ei..hehehe=)
bibong bibo talaga..
gogogog sir salvador...

ruticate said...

kyuti kyut kyut !!